Start a new topic
Answered

installing in a 2006 Jeep Liberty

Do we need a "dash kit" to install the Boss BV9986B1 into our 2006 Jeep Liberty. It also looks like we need a harness and an anntenna wire. Can someone please help??

Best Answer
Hello.

For a 2006 Jeep Liberty, you will need a dash kit, wire harness, and an antenna adapter. All three parts can be purchased from a local BestBuy or car stereo shop. You also want to take your Liberty to the car stereo shop and ask an installer to recommend the parts you need.

Some Jeep Liberty's come from the factory with an amplified JBL, BOSE, or Infinity audio system. The Infinity audio system requires what we call an "Amp Bypass". This requires an installer to run wire directly from the new stereo, to each speaker. you have "Bypass" the amplifier to get sound to the speakers. Beware that this process will take more time, and an amateur installer may have great difficulty performing the bypass. I hope this helps.

Answer
Hello.

For a 2006 Jeep Liberty, you will need a dash kit, wire harness, and an antenna adapter. All three parts can be purchased from a local BestBuy or car stereo shop. You also want to take your Liberty to the car stereo shop and ask an installer to recommend the parts you need.

Some Jeep Liberty's come from the factory with an amplified JBL, BOSE, or Infinity audio system. The Infinity audio system requires what we call an "Amp Bypass". This requires an installer to run wire directly from the new stereo, to each speaker. you have "Bypass" the amplifier to get sound to the speakers. Beware that this process will take more time, and an amateur installer may have great difficulty performing the bypass. I hope this helps.

Hi I have bv9986bi also and I'm missing one the harness the harness that I'm missing is wiring connection socket 1 al apriciate it if you guys message me back thank you
Can you add gps to this model BV9967B
Login or Signup to post a comment