Start a new topic
Answered

615UA Volume control only goes down

I have a 615UA that I've had for several years - I love it!  And I want to compliment the engineers who designed it - it has an EXCELLENT AM front end, and 99% of the radio I listen to is AM.

Here is my problem:  It is very difficult to adjust the volume.  Turn the knob clockwise and the volume goes - down.  You have to really work with it to get the volume to go up.  It used to work fine.  It's well out of warranty, I have electronics experience, and I have no problem with opening it up and seeing if I can fix it

The page says it has a detachable face - great!  I think the encoder for the volume control is dirty and it would be in the face...but the manual doesn't mention it, and the box (yes, I still have the box) doesn't say anything either.

Any help that anyone could offer would be much appreciated.  Otherwise I'll have to "wing it"

Best Answer
Hello.

Yes, the rotary encoder is located in the face panel. A dirty rotary encoder may cause this issue. With this model being discontinued for a few years, we may not have replacement front panels or parts for this stereo. 

1 Comment

Answer
Hello.

Yes, the rotary encoder is located in the face panel. A dirty rotary encoder may cause this issue. With this model being discontinued for a few years, we may not have replacement front panels or parts for this stereo. 

Login or Signup to post a comment