Start a new topic
Answered

Can a PS2 be connected to,a BV8974B stereo

The bv8974b has a few audio/video inputs and outputs.,can I hook up a PlayStation 2 to work with it. My car has a 12v plug station so I think it,will work

Best Answer
Hello.

Yes, a PS2 or similar gaming system with analog audio and video outputs can be connected to this stereo.  You will have to provide a 110vac power source for this device by using a power inverter (DC to AC) adapter.

Answer
Hello.

Yes, a PS2 or similar gaming system with analog audio and video outputs can be connected to this stereo.  You will have to provide a 110vac power source for this device by using a power inverter (DC to AC) adapter.

Thanks for Steve. Since,the ps2 has 3 rca jacks red yellow and,white does,it matter which red and,white rca from the head unit I connect them to? If,so can you tell me,which ones to use to connect the ps2? Thanks a ton!
Hello.

You will need to connect them to the red, white, and yellow RCA cables that are labeled "AV IN". Once connected, you may change the source to "AV IN" and the video will be displayed on the screen. Also, make sure the parking brake wire on the back of the stereo is connected correctly. Otherwise, the stereo will not display the video, and will only play the audio through the system.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment